Looking for a fun, kid-friendly dinner for Halloween? Try these Hot Dog Mummies aka Mummy Dogs! They’re super cute and a really easy recipe with only two ingredients!
I can’t believe how fast Halloween is sneaking up on us! This is my favorite time of year, though. With the cooler weather, and the holidays beginning. Halloween is like the catalyst of holidays. It starts the funnest time of year, you know?
First Halloween, then Thanksgiving, Christmas and the finale – New Years! I love it all. For the last couple of years, I’ve made this Pizza Mummy Braid for my kids’ Halloween dinner but I thought maybe this year I’d try something different.
I’ve seen hot dog mummies floating around on Pinterest and I thought what the hay, I’ll give it a try! My boys love hot dogs. Whenever I’m pressed for time and don’t know what to make for dinner, I usually whip up some hot dogs for a quick dinner.
These Hot Dog Mummies don’t take much longer to make than regular hot dogs! I bought a package of mini pizza crust dough and quickly rolled it out to roughly 1/4″ thickness. I cut it into thin strips and wrapped it around the hot dogs.
Baked ’em up and let cool for a few minutes. I added little mustard eyes using a toothpick. How cute did they turn out?? My boys LOVED them! I think I’ve found my new favorite EASY Halloween dinner. Happy Halloween!
- 1 (9.4-oz) container mini pizza crust or other pizza crust dough
- 1 pkg. beef or turkey hot dogs
- egg white, whipped with a fork
- mustard, for eyes
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Roll out pizza dough with a rolling pin into a thin layer. Cut into strips. (I used mini pizza crusts so I just rolled out each circle of crust and cut into strips).
- Roll strips around the hot dogs, leaving about an inch for the mummy face.
- Spread egg white over dough and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes. Cool for a few minutes and dot mustard eyes using a toothpick.
- Serve and enjoy!