Want a soup that’s easy to make and delicious? This One Pot Italian Wedding Soup Recipe is to die for! It’s filled with so much flavor and is healthy and filling, too!
This is the BEST Italian Wedding Soup Recipe Ever!! So easy to make, only uses one pot and is a huge crowd pleaser!
I have a question for you. Have you ever eaten or made Italian Wedding Soup? Is this a thing you’ve heard of before? I’m not sure if it’s technically “Italian” but it certainly is delicious! My boys love soup.
It’s funny because I don’t have many memories of my mom making soup growing up. I do remember the occasional Clam Chowder Soup my mom would make for Christmas Eve which was always yummy. Honestly, I never used to think of soup as a “dinner recipe” but it totally is!
Especially this Italian Wedding Soup Recipe. This healthy soup is filled with little round pasta called acini de pepe, lots of veggies and has so many delicious meatballs made with ground turkey and seasonings. It’s made in only one pot, too!
How do you make Italian Wedding Soup?
- First of all, you roll out turkey meatballs with the recipe below. You should get around 18 meatballs.
- Next, after setting the meatballs aside, you sauté the Holy Trinity of all cooking: onion, celery and and carrot in a cast iron pot.
- Then you add salt and pepper and broth and simmer.
- Finally, you toss in the pasta and then the uncooked meatballs and let boil until both are cooked.
- The result is an amazingly delicious healthy, filling Italian Wedding Soup the whole family will enjoy!
So what are you waiting for? This One Pot Italian Wedding Soup Recipe isn’t gonna make itself! Get cooking! 😉
- ¼ cup Italian style bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. freshly grated parmesan
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1½ Tbsp. ketchup
- ½ lb. lean ground turkey
- 1 cup carrots, diced (about 3 large carrots)
- 1 cup celery, diced (about 3-4 stalks)
- 1 cup onion, diced (about 1 small onion)
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 8 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup acini de pepe pasta
- 2 cup fresh kale, chopped
- shaved parmesan, for serving
- In a large bowl, combine all the meatball ingredients except the ground turkey. Once all is combined, add the turkey and mix and roll into 18 meatballs. Place on a baking sheet and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Meanwhile, heat a cast iron pot onto medium-high heat. Add butter and olive oil. Sauté carrots, celery and onion until somewhat tender.
- Season with the salt and pepper and pour in chicken stock. Bring to a boil for about 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add meatballs into the pot, dropping in individually to different spots in the pot.
- Cook for about 2 minutes, then add the acini de pepe. Boil for about 8-10 minutes, or until the pasta is cooked to al dente and the meatballs are cooked through. (Meatballs will pop up to the top of the broth when they're cooked.)
- Stir in the kale and cook until softened. Serve in bowls with shaved parmesan over the top. Enjoy!
If you liked this recipe, you might like these soups too:
For even more great ideas follow me on: