My family loves this Easy Shepherd’s Pie Recipe! You only need FIVE ingredients to make this delicious comfort food casserole and it cooks in under 30 minutes!
Sometimes life gets cray cray and you need a quick dinner recipe, am I right?! This Easy Shepherd’s Pie Recipe has got your back!
It has only FIVE simple ingredients and is constantly requested by my family of hungry boys. Whenever I make this, my kids literally scream YAY out loud!!
Full disclosure: I usually eat pretty healthy. I mean, this website is called Yummy Healthy Easy for a reason, right? But sometimes you need a good ‘ol comfort food dinner on a cold evening to warm you up.
This Easy Shepherd’s Pie recipe is one of my absolute favorite go-to comfort food dinners. I’ve been making this for years and for some reason, I never thought to share it with you!
When I made it last week, I was like “why have I not taken photos of this and put it on the website?!” So, here you go!
Reasons why I love this Shepherd’s Pie recipe:
- It’s a great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes that you don’t know what to do with.
- If you don’t have leftover mashed potatoes, you can buy a package of potato flakes and made it that way. Easy!
- There are only FIVE ingredients to the whole dang thing, two of which are cans – WIN!
- You can use ground beef, ground turkey, leftover roast, pretty much any protein you want. I’ve even made Vegetarian Shepherd’s Pie before!
- Love that you’re sneaking a veggie into this and tricking the kiddos. 😉
- You can’t go wrong any way you make it – it always comes out yummy!
People assume that since I have a food blog that I just LOVE cooking and stand in my kitchen all day every day making amazing gourmet meals. Well, that’s partly true I guess. 💁🏻♀️
But most days I’m cooking recipes up for this little blog, I end up wanting to just lay on the couch and watch Netflix by dinner time. In other words, no more energy to make dinner for my family.
That being said, I love me a good “cheat” meal like this Easy Shepherd’s Pie. It’s super quick to whip together and cooks up in about 25 minutes. Add a side salad and you’re good to go!
Looks like you spent hours in the kitchen creating a gourmet meal when in reality, you spent very little time whipping it up. Winner winner, casserole dinner! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 10.75-oz can tomato soup
- 1 14.5-oz can green beans, drained
- 1-2 cups mashed potatoes, leftover or cooked instant potatoes
- grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef. Drain if needed.
- Pour tomato soup and drained green beans into the ground beef and stir. Do not add extra water.
- Spray a 2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray. Pour ground beef mixture into bottom of casserole dish.
- Top with mashed potatoes. Sprinkle cheese over the top and cover with a piece of tin foil sprayed with cooking spray (so cheese doesn't stick to it).
- Bake in preheated oven until heated through and cheese is melted, about 25 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
If you liked this recipe, you might like these too:
For even more great ideas follow me on: