This Creamy Chicken Pesto Pasta Recipe has the perfect amount of creamy, tangy and yummy! This easy dinner recipe is done in under 30 minutes and is sure to be a crowd pleaser!
Hello easy dinner recipe!! Savory Creamy Chicken Pesto Pasta Recipe has everything going for it – easy, few ingredients and delicious!
I know most people are currently dieting since it’s January and all that, but you guys! It’s supposed to rain all week! We’ve had so much rain this winter, it’s crazy. Rain for me = COMFORT FOOD!
Honestly, I don’t usually eat pasta. And if I do, I usually use a whole wheat pasta or one of the low carb ones. Feel free to do that in this recipe.
Pesto is honestly one of my very favorite things in the whole world. I especially love homemade pesto. I kid you not, I could eat it with a spoon all by itself. Pesto is one of those simple ingredients that can completely transform a dish by adding so many complex layers of flavor.
Making this Creamy Chicken Pesto Pasta Recipe is a breeze. I would say it’s a one-pot dish, but I would be lying. 😉 Only because you have to use a separate pot to cook the pasta in. But that extra pan to wash is totally worth it!
I love using my big cast iron pot for this Creamy Chicken Pesto Pasta Recipe.
Look at how easy this recipe is:
- Melt some butter and olive oil in a big cast iron pot.
- Season the chicken pieces and sear until golden brown.
- Add in cream, pesto, parmesan cheese and chicken broth. Heat for a few minutes, until reduced a little bit.
- Toss in cooked pasta – any pasta will do! Top with some fresh grated parmesan and chopped basil.
Creamy Chicken Pesto Pasta Recipe
- 1 lb. penne pasta or other favorite pasta
- 1.5 lbs. chicken breast fillets cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/3 cup pesto homemade or my favorite store-brand is Filippo Berio
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- Fresh basil diced for topping
- Parmesan cheese grated for topping
- Cook the pasta according to the packaging directions.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter and olive oil in a big cast iron pot. Season the chicken pieces with the salt and pepper. Sear the chicken until golden brown.
- Pour in whipping cream, pesto, parmesan cheese and chicken broth. Simmer for a few minutes, until reduced a bit.
- Toss in drained and cooked pasta. Top with fresh grated parmesan and chopped basil.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you liked this pasta recipe, you might like these too:
For even more great ideas follow me on: