- full of veggies
- easy to make
- has a light crust on the top made from phyllo sheets
- filled with healthy proteins
- 1 pie dish
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 carrots sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2- 1/2 cups low-fat milk
- 1 10-oz package of frozen peas thawed
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 boneless chicken breasts shredded (or a large can of shredded chicken)
- 8 phyllo sheets each 9x14 inches, thawed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add carrots, onion and thyme. Season with salt and pepper, and cook until carrots are crisp-tender, 8-10 minutes.
- Add flour, and cook, stirring 1 minute. Gradually add milk, stirring until smooth. Cook, stirring occasionally until mixture comes to a simmer and thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in peas, lemon juice, and chicken and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Pour filling into a 9-inch pie plate.
- Stack phyllo sheets on a work surface. Cut into 10-11 inch circles. Using two at a time, brush tops of phyllo with 1 tsp oil and repeat with remaining circles and oil. Place phyllo stack over filling and press down and tuck in on sides.
- Bake until golden brown and bubbling, 20-25 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!