Who knew apple pie filling could help create such an amazing and fun dessert?! These Apple Strudel Twists are so easy to make. Puff Pastry dough is filled with a cream cheese and apple pie filling mix, twisted and baked – heaven in a crunchy dessert breadstick. 🙌🏻
(This post is sponsored by BakeGood™ Pie Fillings. The opinions and text are all mine.)
Apple Strudel Twists
It’s no surprise that I love apple recipes. I mean, I have a TON of apple recipes on my site. If you know me, you know I always have apples in my fruit basket and
I made them several times to get the recipe just right, and man. My kids loved every batch I made!
Which is the most popular type of strudel?
Though strudel varieties include other fruit fillings like cherry and apricot, apple strudel is by far the most popular.
Made from scratch strudel dough can be hard to replicate and very time consuming, so I decided to use puff pastry sheets instead of homemade dough to make this recipe easy and quick.
This version will save you some time in the kitchen snd give you more time to socialize when you make these for your next holiday party. 🙌🏻
Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays, and I always make an Apple Pie every year without fail! This year I am making this Apple Pie Strudel Twists recipe with the BakeGood™ Apple Pie Filling.
I love that it has no sugar added, so I can control just how sweet I want it to be. This is so useful so that I can change up the recipe depending on who will be eating it.
What’s the best way to make an apple strudel?
There are lots of ways to make Apple Strudel and Apple Strudel Twists. I love to go the easy route and buy some puff pastry sheets. This way I know for sure it will be a flaky, crispy, buttery exterior for the strudel.
Then I make sure to fill the strudel twists with the best possible filling – BakeGood™ Apple Pie Filling!
Have you tried their fillings before? They are incredible. They taste like a pie filling your mom or grandma made from scratch at home. They have chunks of fruit in them and are so delicious.
They come unsweetened and you can choose your sweetener (ie. maple syrup, stevia, erythritol, etc.). Use as little or as much sweetener as you like (they put the recommendations are on the package, which is awesome!)
BakeGood™ Apple Pie Fillings have no artificial preservatives, no added color, easy to make and are available only at Walmart for a great price.
How long do you cook apple strudel in the oven?
Since this isn’t a traditional strudel recipe, it doesn’t take as long to bake. This yummy apple strudel twist “breadstick” recipe only takes about 13 minutes to bake! The filling takes very little time to prepare because BakeGood™ Apple Filling is already ready to go.
I love the holiday season and can’t wait to try these Apple Strudel Twists again and again this season! Try them and let me know how they turn out. Don’t forget to serve with a little ice cream or whipped cream on the side!
Apple Strudel Twists
- cookie sheet pan
- 17.3 ounces package Puff Pastry Sheets
- 5 ounces light cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 8 ounces BakeGood™ Pie Filling (15 oz. total)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- raw sugar to sprinkle on top of the twists
- Preheat the oven to 400º F.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet. Spray with cooking spray.
- Roll out thawed pastry sheets using a rolling pin and powdered sugar instead of flour.
- In a bowl, cream together light cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. In another bowl, combine 8 ounces of the BakeGood™ pie filling and granulated sugar. Mix cream cheese and pie filling mixture together.
- Spread the mixed cream cheese and apple pie mixture on top of the rolled-out puff pastry. Using a knife or pizza cutter, slice the puff pastry dough into 1 1/2" strips.
- Using your fingers, twist the puff pastry so it twists around the apple pie mixture and will stay together. Place on the baking sheet and sprinkle with the raw sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 13 minutes or until cooked through and browned on the top.
- Let cool for a few minutes. Carefully scoop off the parchment paper and enjoy!
For even more great ideas follow me on: