This Coffee Cake in a Mug is so easy to make and takes only a minute in the microwave. Quickest breakfast ever, and conveniently in a mug!
I’ve created a mug cake monster. Um, me. I am seriously so obsessed with mug cakes now.
It’s been a while since I’ve made one but I decided to try a mug cake recipe I found in a magazine awhile back and found it incredibly dense and practically inedible. Well, perfectionist that I am, I couldn’t leave it alone.
I decided to try using Bisquick instead. I love Bisquick because it already has all the rising agents you need, so you don’t need to add in baking powder or baking soda.
I took my Mom’s Easy Coffee Cake Recipe and sort of whittled it down to fit inside a mug.
I can’t believe how light, fluffy and flavorful it turned out! It only took one minute to cook in the microwave and mixing the ingredients in the mug is so easy.
I added a yummy streusel-type topping and even did a quick swirl to mix it throughout the cake. My mug here in the picture is pretty big so I doubled the recipe and it still turned out great.
This is a great idea for a quick breakfast on the go. Or to enjoy slowly on a Saturday morning! 😉 Happy Friday!
- 1/4 cup Bisquick mix
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1/2 Tbsp. Truvia Baking Blend or 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp.coconut oil melted
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Lightly spray a microwavable mug with cooking spray and then mix together Bisquick, milk, Truvia, vanilla and coconut oil inside.
- Mix together brown sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the top of the mixture in mug.
- If desired, swirl with the tip of a knife to spread throughout the mug.
- Microwave on high for one minute. Carefully take out of the microwave and devour. Enjoy!