Simply delicious Strawberry Jam (filled) Breakfast Muffins. Make extras and freeze, then heat in the microwave for a few seconds for a quick breakfast!
I just spent a lovely weekend in Santa Barbara with some fabulous blogger friends. It was a weekend full of learning, eating, friendship and fun! I got home and had to come to terms with the fact that it’s back to school and work. Why oh WHY does the new week have to start again so soon?! It’s back to the daily routine. Driving kids to school, appointments, practices, so on and so on…
Good thing I have some of these easy Strawberry Jam Muffins in the freezer! I love making things I can throw in the freezer that are easy to heat up and make a quick breakfast throughout the week.
This breakfast muffin recipe makes a dozen, so we’ll usually eat half of the dozen and then put the other half in the refrigerator or the freezer.
When I’m in a rush to get someone off to school, I pull a muffin out and put it in the microwave for a few seconds (15-20 if frozen, only about 5 seconds if in the fridge) and you have yourself a delicious, warm muffin to eat on the go!
On those busy school mornings, these muffins can be a total life-saver. These are especially great because they have jam right on the inside. No messy cuts with jam sticking out, these have the jam cooked right on the inside. Pretty clever, huh? It makes them extra moist, delicious and even better on the go. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
Strawberry Jam Breakfast MuffinsPrint Pin Rate
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil I used the liquid cooking kind
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- strawberry jam I used a sugar-free kind
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees F. Coat a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- In another mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, coconut oil, applesauce and vanilla extract. Pour liquid ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until just blended.
- Spoon batter about 1/3 of the way of each muffin tin. Take 1 teaspoon of strawberry jam and place in the middle of each muffin cup, being careful to not touch the edges of the tin.
- Place another scoop of batter on top of the jam, covering it completely. Fill each muffin tin about 2/3 of the way full. Sprinkle about 1 teaspoon of granola on the top of each muffin. Bake in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, or until tops spring back when touched.
- Let cool slightly and then remove from muffin tin, serve warm and enjoy!
You might like these other breakfast recipes too:
This recipe was originally shared on Melanie Makes as a guest post on March 18, 2015