How was your Labor Day weekend?! I’ve been busy and haven’t been able to share any recipes with you, which makes me crazy! 🙁
But the good news is that I moved into an amazing house over the long weekend and am absolutely loving it! The neighborhood is wonderful. It’s quiet and my neighbors are so sweet. My new home is much bigger than my old one and has a beautiful kitchen. Granite countertops, huge gas stovetop, double oven, just perfect.
This means lots more cooking/baking in my future. 🙂
The light in this house is awesome, too. Perfect for food pics! We have the cutest backyard and a three car garage. (woot woot!) We bought some new furniture, so my living room and family room are coming together nicely.
Bad news? I had no internet, all. weekend. long.
Oh, and then the appointment that we had with the internet provider was cancelled and they made me wait an extra two days! Seriously, my worst nightmare.
But it’s all resolved now. So happy I get to finally share this recipe with you! Have you ever had pasta primavera before? It’s a meatless pasta full of veggies. It’s one of my favorite pasta dishes.
I love using up any veggies left in my crisper. My kids will actually eat this too! It’s deceiving because it’s a comforting pasta dish but is healthier, too! Perfect for a quick & healthy weeknight dinner!
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 3/4 lb. asparagus cut into 1" pieces
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 carrots shaved with a peeler
- 1 9-oz can/jar artichoke hearts
- S & P
- 1 13.25-oz box spaghetti (I love Dreamfield's Healthy Carb)
- 1 tsp. finely grated lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup 2% evaporated milk
- Warm oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add garlic and cook until golden, about 2 minutes.
- Add asparagus, bell pepper, carrots, and artichoke hearts. Season with salt and pepper and increase heat. Cook until just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti. When nearly done, set aside 1 1/2 cups cooking water, then drain pasta. Toss pasta with veggies in skillet. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add 1 cup of pasta water, lemon zest, mustard, parmesan, and evaporated milk. Cook until creamy, adding more pasta water if it gets too dry. Taste and season if necessary.
- Top with extra parmesan cheese, serve and enjoy!