Delicious Homemade Pesto Pizza cooked right on the grill with homemade pizza crust that takes only a few minutes to throw together – SO easy!
This Easy Pesto Pizza is cooked straight on the grill and has a homemade pizza crust worth dying for! You will want to make this again and again and again…
Get ready because this recipe is about the union of two of the most amazing things in the food world: Pesto & Pizza.
Cooking pizza on the grill is the ultimate way to do it if you live where it’s hot and don’t want the oven on during the summer. It’s really simple to do and doesn’t take long to cook.
I like to put my pizza on foil because I think it’s easier and gets cooked evenly without burning. This pizza dough is the bomb. You only have to knead it for 2 minutes and it doesn’t need to rise. Double score in my book!
Pesto Pizza on the Grill
- 1/4- oz package dry active yeast
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 3/4 cup warm water 110 degrees
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- goat cheese
- tomato sliced thin
- Dissolve the sugar and yeast in the warm water in a measuring cup, let rest for 8 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour and salt. Pour yeast mixture over flour mixture. Add the olive oil, mix well.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and knead for 2 minutes. You do NOT need to let this dough rise!! (Note: if you want to make extra dough to freeze and use later, roll the extra dough into a ball and place in a freezer bag and freeze. Thaw in the fridge completely and then begin with step four.)
- Pre-heat grill to medium-high heat. Spray two sheets of tin foil with cooking spray. Split the dough in half and place each half on foil. Press or roll the dough into two oval shapes (about 3/8-1/2 inch thick). When rolled, flip dough over to grease the opposite side.
- Place foil on pre-heated grill and cook until bottom of crust is golden brown. Carefully take foil off the grill and flip dough over. Spread pesto on golden brown side of crust. Add sliced tomatoes and top with goat cheese.
- Place foil back on grill and cook until bottom crust is golden brown and toppings are heated through. Take off heat and slice up to serve. Enjoy!!
Rachel tryingforsighs says
My mouth is watering seeing these lovely photos of this pizza. This looks so tasty! Thanks for sharing this recipe. 🙂
Christy @ Creating a Beautiful says
Mmmmm, I have tons of basil and therefore, tons of pesto! I will have to try this recipe!!
Julie Murkerson says
Yummy! This looks fantastic! Stopping by from Tuesday Talent Show. Have a wonderful week! 🙂
Lady Gourmet says
Dear Jen, This pizza looks beautiful. I cannot think of anything as delicious as homemade pie. I love that you grilled it, good idea. Because of the pesto, I know this is something my daughter will absolutely love.
Shawna Williams says
What a great pizza, I love to cook my pizza’s on the grill too. My sister and I host a BBQ Block Party on Thursday, we would love it if you would join us and share your recipe.
Hope to see you there
Pesto pizza is my absolute fav. And we grill pizza all summer long. This looks fantastic!
I’ve always wanted to try grilling pizza. Your recipe sounds wonderful!
Sara Howe says
I’ve wanted to try grilling pizza, but for some reason it’s a little intimating for me haha I’ll have to give it a try at some point 🙂
Lori's Culinary says
This looks amazing! Thanks for sharing. Hopped over from Cast Party Wednesday
Lori’s Culinary Creations
Yum I adore pizza on the grill!
hi! This looks delicious! I love the veggies… thanks for linking up to Tasteful Tuesdays at Nap-Time Creations… you are being featured in the round up this weekend… I would love for you to come over and share your feature on Facebook, Pinterest or G+….I’m a new follower :o) You can see the post here: http://www.nap-timecreations.com/2013/07/fresh-food-for-summer-featuring-you.html
OH and grab a featured button to show off!!
Shanna @ pineapple and coconut says
I have always wanted to grill pizza and my grill even has a pizza stone – but I have yet to try it. I love pesto pizza too – I think I need to make this pizza soon!!
Lanaya @ Raising Reagan says
I just started eating pesto about a year or so ago and I love it .. this looks really good!
Thank you for linking to Raising Imperfection.
Please come back Friday to see if you were featured. 🙂
(¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
This really looks so good. I have a pizza crust recipe with hidden veggies in it (http://mommynificent.com/2013/06/18/my-favorite-yeast-dough/) that would be so good with pesto! I wonder how it would hold up to grilling?
Thanks for linking up to Raising Imperfection this week while I’m a co-hostess!
Please come back to Mommynificent on Friday to see if you were featured. 🙂
Have a magnificent day!
Joanne T Ferguson says
G’day! I have been in the pesto mood lately, true!
WISH could come through the screen and try a slice of this RIGHT now too!
Viewed as part of Foodie Friends Friday Link Party