Delicious pesto pizza cooked right on the grill with homemade pizza crust that takes only a few minutes to throw together – SO easy!
This recipe is about the union of two of the most amazing things in the food world. Pesto & Pizza.
Cooking pizza on the grill is the ultimate way to do it if you live where it’s hot and don’t want the oven on during the summer. It’s really simple to do and doesn’t take long to cook. I like to put my pizza on foil because I think it’s easier and gets cooked evenly without burning. This pizza dough is the bomb. You only have to knead it for 2 minutes and it doesn’t need to rise. Double score in my book.
Pesto Pizza on the Grill
- 1/4- oz package dry active yeast
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 3/4 cup warm water 110 degrees
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- goat cheese
- tomato sliced thin
- Dissolve the sugar and yeast in the warm water in a measuring cup, let rest for 8 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour and salt. Pour yeast mixture over flour mixture. Add the olive oil, mix well.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and knead for 2 minutes. You do NOT need to let this dough rise!! (Note: if you want to make extra dough to freeze and use later, roll the extra dough into a ball and place in a freezer bag and freeze. Thaw in the fridge completely and then begin with step four.)
- Pre-heat grill to medium-high heat. Spray two sheets of tin foil with cooking spray. Split the dough in half and place each half on foil. Press or roll the dough into two oval shapes (about 3/8-1/2 inch thick). When rolled, flip dough over to grease the opposite side.
- Place foil on pre-heated grill and cook until bottom of crust is golden brown. Carefully take foil off the grill and flip dough over. Spread pesto on golden brown side of crust. Add sliced tomatoes and top with goat cheese.
- Place foil back on grill and cook until bottom crust is golden brown and toppings are heated through. Take off heat and slice up to serve. Enjoy!!