Comforting and delicious Sweet Potato Sausage Soup filled with sweet potatoes, sausage, kale and small pasta shells. Perfect dinner on a cold fall or winter evening!
Sweet Potato & Sausage Soup
I’m a total soup person. Even if it’s like 100 degrees outside, I still like a bowl of soup. Is that weird?
Not sure why I love it so much, but I just do. It’s so comforting and delicious.
I like adding healthier things like greens and tons of veggies to my soups because shockingly, my kids will usually eat it.
This soup is hearty and healthy. The best part? It doesn’t take long to make. Tons of flavor and short on time. Perfect dinner on a busy day.
Sweet Potato & Sausage Soup - October Mystery Dish
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. ground Italian sausage
- 2 sweet potatoes about 1 pound peeled and diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup small pasta shells
- 4 cups chopped kale
- salt and pepper
- grated parmesan for serving
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large pot. Add onion and garlic and cook until onion is soft and translucent. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add sausage to pot and break up with a wooden spoon. Cook until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes, broth, and water. Bring to a boil then add the pasta. Cook 3 minutes less than the package instructions.
- Reduce to a simmer. Add kale and cook until pasta is tender and greens are wilted, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, if necessary. Spoon into bowls and serve with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese on the top. Enjoy!