This is the Easiest Tomato Soup Recipe you’ll ever make! Tomatoes, bell peppers, onion, garlic and spices are roasted and then blended up to make a delicious, easy soup that everyone will love. It’s the perfect side dish to a grilled cheese sandwich.
Easy Tomato Soup Recipe
I LOVE soups! Whether they’re healthy, like Butternut Squash Soup or Cauliflower Soup – or hearty like Italian Wedding Soup or Cheesy Potato Soup…I love them all!
But I have to say, one of my favorite soups of all time is an Easy Tomato Soup. I love the creaminess and flavor of it. Especially when you dip a grilled cheese sandwich in it!
Is Homemade Tomato Soup Healthy?
Tomato soup is an excellent source of antioxidants, including lycopene, flavonoids, and vitamins C and E.
Adding antioxidants to your diet has been known to lower the risk of cancer and inflammation-related diseases, such as obesity and heart disease.
Do you need to peel tomatoes for Tomato Soup?
There’s no need to peel the tomatoes. In fact, the tomato skins intensify the flavor and adds extra nutrients to the soup.
Roasting the tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, basil and garlic really makes this soup one of a kind. It definitely adds an extra flavor boost.
I love adding heavy whipping cream and balsamic glaze to this recipe as well. Top with parmesan and you have yourself a perfect bowl of soup!
What can I add to my tomato soup to make it even better?
Here’s a few ways to upgrade your soup:
- Add Fresh Herbs
- Throw in some Greens (spinach is yummy!)
- Toasted Nuts give it a nice crunchy topping
- Croutons – yum
- Toss in a Poached Egg
- Drizzle with your favorite oil
- Cheese! I love topping mine with parmesan
For even more great ideas follow me on:
Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter
Easy Tomato Soup Recipe
- sheet pan
- Soup Pan
- 4 tomatoes quartered
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 1 white onion diced
- 2 whole cloves garlic halved with the peel still on
- fresh thyme
- fresh basil
- salt & pepper
- 1 tsp. oregano
- olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 tsp. balsamic gaze
- 1 tsp. sugar
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, garlic (cut in half), thyme and basil on a sheet pan. Season with salt, pepper and oregano. Drizzle with olive oil and toss it all together.
- Roast for 400ºF. for 30 minutes, tossing if neccesary.
- Take out of oven and let cool for a few minutes. Combine all of the roasted tomato mixture in a blender, making sure to take each garlic clove out of the peel, and blend until combined.
- Pour tomato mixture into a saucepan and add chicken broth, tomato juice, parmesan, tomato paste, whipping cream, balsamic glaze and sugar. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with a sprinkle of parmesan on top and a drizzle of olive oil and enjoy!
June robbs says
Made it just as written…. But did put a pat of butter on top. Yummy