Tamale Pie – flavorful turkey and spices topped with a layer of cornbread. Absolutely delicious! Plus a chance to win $400 CASH!I remember being so excited for summer to start. Now that it’s almost over, I’m giddy with excitement! Can’t wait to get back on a normal schedule again! I’m ready for the kids to be gone a little during the day so I can miss them. Is that so bad?! 😉
I’ll still have my two little guys home with me during the day, which I do love. They crack me up so ridiculously much. Just today they started singing together out of nowhere in the bath tub – in unison: “Light ’em up up up, light ’em up up up, I’m on fiiiiiirrree!” and I just about died laughing. They are crazy and so much fun!
I’ve been counting down the days until I get to see my oldest. He comes back on Thursday – happy tears! It’s been a tough month but I made it through! My 9-year old has been pretty lonely without his bro here. Can’t wait to see him.
Almost immediately after he gets home, football season starts. My two older boys will practice Monday through Friday for 2 hours every day. That’s a whole freaking lot of football! I do love football season, but not the driving to and from. They’ll be at different fields for practice so I’ll be all over the place.
And then school starts! Two things I could definitely use a little more of in my life?
- easy dinner ideas
If you’re nodding your head in agreement, boy, do I have your back!
This Tamale Pie is the most amazing, easy, scrumptious dinner you can throw together. It’s a flavorful mixture of ground turkey and spices topped with a layer of cornbread. So easy, you won’t even believe it. Such a yummy Mexican dinner recipe the whole family will love!
Oh, and a $400 CASH GIVEAWAY!!! No biggie.
Follow some of my very favorite bloggers on Pinterest and you could win $400 buckaroonies. Perfect timing for all of those little (and big) back to school things you need. Such a win-win. 🙂
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ green bell pepper, diced (about ½ cup)
- ½ onion, diced (about ½ cup)
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 (14.5-oz) can diced tomatoes with green chilies and spices
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. cumin
- 1 (8.5-oz) package Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 cup lowfat evaporated milk
- Preheat oven to 400º F. Spray a 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil. Add in green pepper and onion. Cook until tender.
- Add in ground turkey and break up into small pieces. Sprinkle on salt and pepper. When turkey is no longer pink, add in tomatoes, chili powder and cumin. Let simmer, and prepare topping.
- For topping, combine corn muffin mix and evaporated milk. Stir together until combined.
- Pour turkey mixture into the prepared casserole dish. Top with corn muffin mix. Place in oven for 20-25 minutes, or until cornbread is cooked through and turkey mixture is bubbling up and delish!
NOW, FOR THE FUN PART – YOU CAN WIN $400 CASH for Back to School! ENTER BELOW FOR YOUR CHANCE TO WIN!
Brought to you by these awesome bloggers:
The Weary Chef – Joyful Healthy Eats – Lemon Tree Dwelling
Five Heart Home – Cooking on the Front Burner – Diary of a Recipe Collector
Clarks Condensed – Life Made Sweeter – Lemons for Lulu
Little Miss Celebration – Food Faith Fitness – House of Yumm
Melanie Makes – Krafted Koch – The Bitter Side of Sweet
Julie’s Eats & Treats – Vegan in the Freezer – Chelsea’s Messy Apron
Kleinworth & Co. – Flavor the Moments – Spoonful of Flavor
The Midnight Baker – Frugal Foodie Mama – Mom’s Test Kitchen
Eazy Peazy Mealz – Hot Eats and Cool Reads – Call Me PMc
My Gluten-free Kitchen – A Little Claireification – Yesterfood
Belle of the Kitchen – Petite Allergy Treats – The Grant Life
Yummy Healthy Easy – Beyond Frosting – Wishes and Dishes
I Dig Pinterest – Love Bakes Good Cakes
Life, Love and Sugar – Delightful E Made