Need a fun and healthier appetizer or dinner recipe? Make this Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp Recipe! It’s an easy recipe that’s cooked in the air fryer – not oil – so it saves so many calories but still tastes absolutely amazing!
Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp Recipe
When I go out to restaurants and I see Coconut Shrimp on the menu, I always order it! I love the crispy outside pieces of the toasted coconut and the tender insides of the cooked shrimp.
One thing I don’t like, is how many calories they have since they’re fried in oil. 😬
This recipe is an air fryer recipe, which means the shrimp is cooked with only a little bit of cooking spray and “fried” using air. I love my air fryer so much!
You need to check out my other air fryer recipes, like my Air Fryer Avocado Southwest Egg Rolls, Air Fryer Chicken Wings, Apple Pie Air Fryer Egg Rolls, and theseHomemade Air Fryer Vegetable Egg Rolls. YUM and so much healthier!
How do you make coconut shrimp from scratch?
Great question! This is an easy process. Just follow these directions for this amazing Coconut Shrimp Recipe, repeating the process for a yummy shrimp recipe!
In a bowl, season some all-purpose flour with salt and pepper. Feel free to add some garlic powder, cumin or whatever other spices you like!
I like to have several bags of frozen shrimp in the freezer, so for this air fryer recipe, I grab a bag and thaw it out. Make sure to rinse it and pat them dry on a paper towel. Dredge each shrimp in the flour mixture.
Next, place a couple of eggs in another bowl and whisk to combine. I like to add a tiny bit or water to thin it out a bit. Take each flour coated shrimp and dredge in the egg mixture.
You’re almost there! Now, mix together some bread crumbs and coconut and coat those babies nice and good. Make sure to get the whole shrimp!
Preheat the air fryer to 400°. Pull the basket out and spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray. Place the coated coconut shrimp in the basket of the air fryer.
Air fry these air fryer coconut shrimp until the coconut shrimp is golden and cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes. I like to flip halfway through to get them golden on every side. Work in batches as needed. I got about ten shrimp per batch.
Check out my social media channels and tag me if you make this recipe or any of my others!
For even more great ideas follow me on:
Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp Recipe
- Air Fryer
- 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 3/4 c. panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 c. shredded coconut flakes
- 1 lb. large shrimp peeled and deveined
- In a bowl, season all-purpose flour with salt and pepper. Add garlic powder, cumin or whatever other spices if desired!
- Rinse and pat dry the shrimp. Dredge each shrimp in the flour mixture.
- Beat the eggs and add the water. Mix together.
- Take each flour coated shrimp and dredge in the egg mixture.
- Mix the bread crumbs and coconut in a large bowl.
- Next, take each coated shrimp and dredge in the bread crumbs and coconut mixture.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°. Pull the basket out and spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray. Place the coated coconut shrimp in the basket of the air fryer. Spray the tops of the shrimp with a little cooking spray.
- Air fry until the shrimp is golden and cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes - flipping halfway through to get them golden on every side. Work in batches as needed. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!