This Quick & Easy Avocado Shrimp Ceviche Recipe is a must-try! Ceviche sounds intimidating but it’s super easy and is fresh and delicious!
You will LOVE this Easy Avocado Shrimp Ceviche Recipe! It’s full of fresh and healthy ingredients and a touch of spice, all spooned into California Avocados, sponsored by the California Avocado Commission! It’s no surprise that avocados are one of the most popular item in the produce section. Especially here in California where I live. It’s a staple ingredient to many (and I mean many) of my dishes. I always have them on hand and my boys love them.
The best thing about California Avocados is how versatile they are. You can add them to savory or use them in sweet dishes as well. You can dice them up and use them as a topping, or you can use them like a cup. I did both of those last two in my recipe today! 😉
This Avocado Shrimp Ceviche recipe is pretty amazing, I’m not going to lie, lol! To be truthful, I’ve never actually made a ceviche recipe so I did some research beforehand to make sure I knew what I was getting into. Ceviche is basically a process of cooking raw seafood in citrus juices. I didn’t actually do that in my recipe because I wanted to be sure the shrimp was cooked entirely through (and all bacteria gone). So I boiled raw shrimp for 2 minutes and drained and then diced and let it marinate in fresh lemon and lime juices.
Then I diced up California Avocados, tomatoes, green onions, jalapeño, cilantro and added it to the drained shrimp. Threw in some spices and spooned into a few avocado halves and bam! Avocado Shrimp Ceviche! You could almost call it a shrimp salsa, too. 😉
June is California Avocado Month, so I wanted to make sure these gorgeous California Avocados were front and center. The avocado does double duty in this recipe because it’s inside the ceviche but is also the bowl that you serve it in. I love the way they came out, don’t you? So elegant and healthy!
Easy Avocado Shrimp Ceviche Recipe
- 10 oz. raw medium shrimp deveined, peeled
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 California Avocado diced
- 2 roma tomatoes diced
- 4 green onions diced
- 1 jalapeno diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. coriander
- 2 California Avocados halved and pitted for serving
- Bring 3 quarts of water to a boil. Add raw shrimp and boil for 2 minutes. Drain shrimp and chop into small pieces.
- Combine lime and lemon juices in a bowl and add shrimp and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 45 minutes.
- Mix remaining ingredients (except avocado halves) together. Drain juices from shrimp and add to tomato mixture. Spoon ceviche into avocado halves and serve. Also really delicious with tortilla chips. Enjoy!
If you liked this avocado recipe, you might like these too:
For even more great ideas follow me on: