This Easy Homemade Breadsticks Recipe is easy to make and tastes incredible! Pairs perfectly with any main dish. They come out of the oven soft and delicious – the whole family will love them!
These Homemade Breadsticks are where it’s at! If I can make this Homemade Breadstick recipe, anyone can.
I’m the worst at making bread. I’ve gotten better over the years but I’ve always been intimidated by bread recipes. It seems like so much to get the water the right temperature, measure all the ingredients precisely, knead, let it rest – I mean, come on!
This Homemade Breadstick Recipe is pretty easy though, I must say. Yes, there is kneading and rising but it’s fairly simple to follow instructions and they always turn out perfectly (although sometimes the shapes of the breadsticks can be a tad wonky, lol)
Some of the equipment you’ll need to make these homemade breadsticks:
- Large stand mixer, such as a Kitchen-Aid
- Food Thermometer
- Parchment Paper
- Large Baking Sheet
- Silicone brush
- Flour towels
Obviously these items are ones I love but if you have something similar, use that!
My favorite recipes to serve these homemade breadsticks with:
Whatever dish you pair these homemade breadsticks with, it will be the hit of the meal!
Easy Homemade Breadsticks Recipe
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 4 1/4 cups all-purpose flour plus more for dusting
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- For the topping:
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of dried oregano
- Make the dough: Place 1/4 cup warm water in the bowl of a mixer; sprinkle in the yeast and set aside until foamy, about 5 minutes. Add the flour, butter, sugar, salt and 1 1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons warm water; mix with the paddle attachment until a slightly sticky dough forms, 5 minutes.
- Knead the dough by hand on a floured surface until very smooth and soft, 3 minutes. Roll into a 2-foot-long log; cut into 16 1 1/2-inch-long pieces. Knead each piece slightly and shape into a 7-inch-long breadstick; arrange 2 inches apart on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Cover with a cloth; let rise in a warm spot until almost doubled, about 45 minutes. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Make the topping: Brush the breadsticks with 1 1/2 tablespoons of the butter and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt. Bake until lightly golden, about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, combine the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt with the garlic powder and oregano. Brush the warm breadsticks with the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons melted butter and sprinkle with the flavored salt. ENJOY!
Don’t forget these great side dish recipes, too:
For even more great ideas follow me on: