The whole family will go crazy for this Spicy Grilled Salmon with Avocado Salsa! Easy and quick to make and tastes like restaurant quality! (This post is sponsored by the California Avocado Commission)
There’s no doubt in my mind the whole family will love this Spicy Grilled Salmon with Avocado Salsa! The salmon is coated with a sweet/spicy rub, grilled and then topped with an easy and delicious Avocado Salsa using California Avocados! I’m super excited to share this recipe with you today. It’s quickly become one of my favorite easy dinner recipes.
I have to admit I have a few picky eaters in my family of four boys. It’s quite the feat to find a dinner they will all eat. Salmon is a little tricky. My boys usually prefer chicken over salmon, but when I throw an Avocado Salsa on top of any protein, they’ll devour it! Did you know that June is California Avocado month? Yep! It’s an entire month to celebrate all things California Avocado! Perfect timing to share with you a recipe for Spicy Grilled Salmon with Avocado Salsa!
I used to hate all and everything spicy but then I married my husband. He honestly has one of the highest tolerances to spice that I’ve EVER seen. Like, spicy to me is flavorless and mild to him. 😳 When I make this salmon, I have to season three of the four fillets with the normal amount of cayenne and then add a bunch more to my husband’s fillet, lol!
What I love about this recipe is that it’s easy, fresh and delicious. Clean up is minimal because you don’t use a pan, only the grill. The salmon doesn’t need to be marinated or anything. Just give it a few minutes with the rub and you’re good to go!
Throw the salmon fillets on the grill and make a refreshing avocado salsa with California Avocados. I love using California Avocados because they’re always fresh and perfectly ripe from the store. I always know I’m getting the best quality avocados.
Top your freshly grilled Spicy Grilled Salmon with this Avocado Salsa and dinner is served. The spicy grilled salmon pairs perfectly with the coolness from the avocado salsa. It’s a match made in heaven! I hope you’ll try it and love it as much as we do!
- 1½ pounds fresh salmon fillets (about 4 fillets)
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 2 tsp. paprika
- ¼ tsp. cayenne (more or less depending on spice preference)
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- olive oil, as needed
- 2 California Avocados, diced
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cup shallot, finely diced
- ¼ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- Juice from ½ lime
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- fresh cracked pepper & salt to taste
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Place salmon fillets on a plate. In a small bowl, mix together all of the rub ingredients, except the olive oil. Pat rub onto the fillets, coating each side as much as possible. Drizzle salmon with olive oil.
- Take a paper towel and pour some olive oil on it. Using tongs, rub the oil covered paper towel onto the grill where the salmon will go.
- Place salmon skin side UP on the grill. Close lid to the grill. Let cook for about 5 minutes and then flip over. Salmon is ready to be flipped when it easily comes off the grill. Close lid and let cook for another couple minutes until cooked through and easily flakes with a fork. Take off grill and let rest for a few minutes.
- Combine all the ingredients for the avocado salsa in a medium sized bowl. When salmon is ready, top with avocado salsa, serve and enjoy!
If you liked this recipe, you might like these too:
(Thank you to the California Avocado Commission for sponsoring this post!)