This Low Carb Avocado Shrimp Cucumber Appetizer has a base of sliced cucumber, then mashed avocado and topped off with spicy grilled shrimp. SO delicious and easy! (This post is sponsored by the California Avocado Commission)
Need a quick & easy shareable summer appetizer? Make this Low Carb Avocado Shrimp Cucumber Appetizer! Little finger foods with cucumber, mashed avocado and topped with grilled spicy shrimp! Hello, hello! I’m super excited to share this easy recipe with you today! I’m obsessed with shrimp. I always have a bag of frozen shrimp in my freezer. It’s the easiest protein to grab, thaw and cook. It cooks in minutes and is super healthy.
I’m also obsessed with avocado. California Avocados are an awesome source of good fats and they’re so versatile, you can put them in/on/with anything. This Low Carb Avocado Shrimp Cucumber Appetizer Recipe fits perfectly into the theme for this month, Shareable Foods for Summer Holidays.
Summer holidays are the best. I love the warm weather, barbecuing outside and being with loved ones. It’s just my favorite! I love making some yummy appetizers whenever I have guests over. Some of my favorite summer shareable appetizer recipes are 7 Layer Bean Dip, Deviled Eggs and my favorite Cheese Ball Recipe. The only problem is that these recipes aren’t very low carb or very overall healthy. And it is summer time aka swimsuit season, so…
I brainstormed some recipes for shareable foods for summer that are on the healthier side and thought why not use cucumber as a base for a little finger food and top it with smashed California Avocados and a spicy grilled shrimp?! The sliced cucumber is the perfect size for finger foods you can just pop in your mouth.
And what’s not to love about grilled spicy shrimp?! The shrimp came out so yummy! They have just the right spice, not too much, not too little. The avocado is perfectly seasoned and both the avocado and the cucumber give the spicy shrimp a little coolness, which I found delicious and refreshing.
This Low Carb Avocado Shrimp Cucumber Appetizer is great for get togethers because they’re easy to grab and pop right into your mouth. Your guests will love how healthy yet flavorful they are!
- Cucumber, sliced into ½ inch slices
- 2 large California Avocado, halved and pitted
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 lbs. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Combine all marinade ingredients into a large resealable bag and add in the shrimp. Let marinate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mash avocado in a bowl and add in salt and pepper, to taste plus the lemon juice.
- Preheat grill to medium high. Once heated, place shrimp on grill and close lid. Let grill for 3 minutes and then flip over and cook for another couple of minutes, until pink and cooked through. Take off grill and let cool.
- Place cucumber slices on a large tray. Spread a spoonful of the mashed avocado mixture onto each slice. Top with a grilled shrimp. Serve and enjoy!
If you liked this recipe, you might like these too:
For even more great ideas follow me on:
(Thank you to the California Avocado Commission for sponsoring this post!)