Every weekend my boys beg me to make a homemade breakfast for them. 9 out of 10 times they ask for waffles.
What’s not to love about Homemade Waffles?
I’ll be making these waffles for my family this weekend! What’s your favorite breakfast food?
Let me know what you think!
- 1 waffle maker
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 egg yolks (reserve the whites)
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup canola oil
Homemade Buttermilk Syrup
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cube butter
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- WAFFLES: In a large bowl, mix together: flour, milk, baking powder, salt and oil.
- In a small bowl, separate the egg yolks from the whites, adding the yolks to the mixture in the large bowl. Whip egg whites with a hand mixer until stiff.
- Fold egg whites into waffle mixture and break down big clumps. Cook on the waffle iron.
- SYRUP: Combine the sugar, butter and *buttermilk together in a medium size pot *if you don’t happen to have buttermilk on hand – which I almost never do – mix 1/2 cup milk with 1/2 Tbsp of lemon juice or vinegar and let sit for 5 minutes to create your own sour milk.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add the vanilla extract and baking soda. Let cool and pour into a serving dish or Mason jar to serve with your waffles.
Add the vanilla extract and baking soda. Let cool and pour into a serving dish or Mason jar to serve with your waffles! ENJOY!