The whole family will love these Bacon Meatballs! Eat them straight from the pan or put them with your favorite spaghetti and pasta sauce for an easy and flavorful dinner! (Thank you to Pavilions for sponsoring this post!)
Bacon Meatball Recipe
This Bacon Meatballs recipe is the perfect combination of bacon and beef! These easy meatballs will become your family’s favorite dinner recipe! My boys love meatballs. I won’t lie, I love them too! It’s one of those dinners that you can throw together pretty quickly, it always comes out delicious and everyone likes it. Check out this other meatball recipe – it’s my family’s favorite weeknight dinner!
I’m super excited for today’s meatball post because I got to partner with one of my favorite grocery stores, Pavilions to promote one of my favorite brands, Open Nature®. I live really close to a Pavilions store so I shop there a lot. Lucky for me, Open Nature is sold in my area exclusively at Pavilions and all Albertsons Companies family of stores including Alberstons, Safeway, ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Shaw’s, Star Market and Carrs/Safeway.
I love buying Open Nature products because I always know I’m getting great quality items for a great value. Their products are free from artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners or preservatives and have no chemical additives. They also have no high fructose corn syrup, no partially hydrogenated oils and no unrecognizable ingredients. I can trust that what I’m buying is filled with only the good stuff and they’re reasonably priced, too!
Now that I’ve told you all the reasons why I love Open Nature, let’s talk about what I made using their great products. Bacon Meatballs!
How to Make Baked Meatballs:
- First, dice five strips of Open Nature Applewood Smoked Bacon and cooked it over the stove top until crispy. Then add a finely diced shallot and cook until translucent and right at the last minute, add some garlic.
- Drain the bacon and shallot on a paper towel and preheated oven to 400 degrees.
- While letting the bacon cool, place ten Open Nature Cracked Black Pepper Water Crackers in the food processor and blend them up.
- Add the cracker crumbs, parmesan cheese, ketchup, salt, pepper, parsley and one Open Nature Cage Free Egg to a mixing bowl. Mix it all together and add the bacon mixture to it. Then add in one pound of Open Nature 85% lean Grass Fed Beef and mix it all together.
- Once mixed, roll them into about one inch balls and baked for 15 minutes.
Should Meatballs be covered when baking?
My answer? Nope! You want the outside of the meatballs to get nice and crispy so covering them is not needed. It’s what you put inside the meatballs that counts!
How do you keep meatballs moist?
It’s really what’s inside the meatballs that keeps them moist! In this Bacon meatball recipe, there are a couple things that keep it moist. The bacon and the 85% grass fed beef. Using these ingredients will help keep the meatballs nice and tender.
The bacon smell brought my boys down into the kitchen from their bedrooms! It smelled so good! The Bacon Meatballs turned out super flavorful, tender and absolutely delicious. You can’t help but snag one (or five) immediately from the sheet pan.
What do I serve meatballs with?
I like to add these Bacon Meatballs to pasta sauce and serve with spaghetti and a side salad for a complete meal! Here are a few side dishes I’d recommend serving the meatballs with:
- Spring Orzo Salad Recipe
- Grilled Cobb Salad with Avocado Dressing
- Strawberry Salad with Balsamic Dressing
I hope you’ll give this Bacon Meatballs Recipe a try soon! If you haven’t had a chance to try Open Nature products (they have cleaning products, too!) visit Pavilions.com to find a store near you and discover more meal prep tips and recipe ideas!
Bacon Meatballs Recipe
- 5 strips Open Nature Applewood Smoked Bacon diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 shallot minced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 10 Open Nature Cracked Black Pepper Water Crackers
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese finely grated
- 3 Tbsp. ketchup
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. parsley or about 1/2 Tbsp. dried
- 1 Open Nature Cage Free Egg
- 1 pound Open Nature 85% Grass Fed Beef
- Heat a skillet to medium-high heat. Add the diced bacon and cook, stirring frequently until browned. Add in shallot and stir until translucent. Then add garlic, careful to not burn it. Take off heat and pour mixture onto a paper towel to drain.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400ºF. Place 10 Open Nature Cracked Black Pepper Water Crackers into a food processor and blend until it forms small crumbs.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cracker crumbs, parmesan cheese, ketchup, salt, pepper, parsley and egg. Stir in the bacon mixture, then add in the beef and lightly mix together. Don't over mix!
- Roll into one inch balls and place onto greased cookie sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until cooked through. Serve as is or with pasta and pasta sauce. Enjoy!
If you liked this recipe, you might like these too:
For even more great ideas follow me on:
(A big thank you to Open Nature for sponsoring this post!)