This Air Fryer Spicy Shrimp Recipe is so easy to make and only takes a few minutes in the air fryer! Toss shrimp in an easy spice mix and you have yourself a delicious appetizer, snack or dinner (great in tacos, burritos or over rice!) Plus – check out the Cosori Air Fryer Giveaway below! Submit your info to win one of two air fryers!
(thank you Cosori for sponsoring this post!)
Easy Air Fryer Spicy Shrimp Recipe
Are you a shrimp lover like I am? If so, this is the recipe for you! I have several awesome shrimp recipes on this site, like Shrimp Ceviche, Grilled Shrimp Skewers, Shrimp Cucumber Appetizers, and my favorite – Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp!!
I always have a frozen bag of shrimp in my freezer, which makes a shrimp dinner a breeze because they thaw super fast and make a healthy and delicious meal.
What spices go well with shrimp?
Shrimp is such an amazing vessel for so many different spice combinations. This Air Fryer Spicy Shrimp has a few spices that it gets tossed in that you probably already have in your spice cabinet!
The best part about this Air Fryer Shrimp is how quick it is to make. It’s air fried in under 10 minutes!
How do you make the best tasting shrimp?
I think the key to the best tasting shrimp, is to NOT overcook it! There’s nothing worse than a tough, overcooked shrimp! I also think having the right spice combo and seasoning really does make a huge difference.
I also think cooking spicy shrimp can be super easy, especially if you make it spicy shrimp in the air fryer!
What is the best Air Fryer?
Speaking of Shrimp in the Air Fryer, let me tell you about my very favorite Air Fryer! I LOVE my Cosori Air Fryer and I’ve talked about it a lot. I love that it’s a large XL 5.8 Quart, 1700-Watt Air Fryer Toaster Oven with a touchscreen that has a preheat option as well as having customizable TEN Presets & a shake reminder (LOVE that!)
If you want to buy your own – here’s the link to it. I swear it is the BEST. I love mine so much!
Now, just to get you excited, let’s get to the giveaway, shall we?
Here’s a little more info on the best air fryer that made these Air Fryer Shrimp Recipes!
A few details:
- Designed in California, this air fryer’s one-touch preset icons make air frying easier than ever. The digital LED display and touch panel are angled toward you so you never have to bend down to operate your air fryer. LIFE CHANGING. 🙌🏻
- Customizable Presets and Shake Reminder: Pre-select and save your own time, temperature, and shake reminders for consistently perfect results.
- 85% Less Fat: The air fryer makes food with 85% less fat than traditional deep-frying while maintaining the same delicious fried flavor. This is a FACT.
- 10 One-Touch Presets: Choose from Steak, Chicken, Seafood, Bacon, Vegetables, Toast, Frozen Foods, Bake, French Fries, and Shrimp. Just touch a preset to start cooking.
- Cook Faster: The air fryer’s high-speed air circulation cooks food faster and with crispier and tastier results than a traditional convection oven.
- Non-Stick Square Basket: The baskets are removable, nonstick, dishwasher safe, PFOA-free and BPA-free. I’m an idiot with products but this is SO EASY to take the basket out and it’s a breeze to clean!
I love this Cosori Air Fryer so much and recommend to anyone and everyone I know!
(FYI- Product Dimensions: 11.8 x 13.8 x 12.6 in; Basket Dimensions: 9 x 9 x 3.75 in.)
Isn’t this a gorgeous Air Fryer? I make so many great recipes in this beauty! This Air Fryer Shrimp is probably one of my favorites, though. My family loved it! You can adjust the spice so it’s the perfect spice amount for you and your family.
Air Fryer Spicy Shrimp Recipe:
Air Fryer Spicy Shrimp Recipe
- Air Fryer
- 1 pound large, raw shrimp tail on
- 1 tsp. avocado oil
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. paprika powder
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. ground cayenne pepper -or more if desired.
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. ground dried mustard
- Thaw raw shrimp (if frozen) and place on a paper plate with paper towels and dab dry.
- Preheat the air fyer oven to 400º F for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the spices together:chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, salt, pepper, cayenne, thyme, oregano, cumin and ground mustard. Stir to combine.
- Drizzle the thawed shrimp with avocado (or olive) oil and toss the shrimp in this spice mixture.
- Place shrimp in preheated air fryer basket and spread out in a single layer for even cooking. Spray the shrimp with cooking spray if desired. Place in air fryer and bake for 7 minutes. Flip halfway through if desired but not required.
- This is great to eat alone, on lettuce wraps, burritos, over rice or whatever else sounds good to you! It's healthy and delicious and I hope you enjoy!
Now —- the great part.
I’m giving away TWO of these Cosori Air Fryer’s to two lucky readers! (United States applicants only)
Just fill put the required info below to qualify for your chance win one! I am so excited about this and can’t wait for you all to use this amazing Cosori Air Fryer! See below for the ways you can enter and GOOD LUCK!!