Take those boring stuffed peppers to the next level by turning them into a stuffed pepper casserole! Plus your chance to win $100 gift card (below!)
When I was a kid, my mom made stuffed bell peppers all the time. They’re one of my dad’s favorite dishes – he loves bell peppers. After I got married, I made them for my husband. Him being the sweetheart that he is, told me he liked them but… wouldn’t it be great to have the filling without all that bell pepper? Haha!
So… that stuffed bell pepper recipe was morphed into a stuffed pepper casserole. Leaving behind the bulk of bell peppers and cooking them until softened along with garlic, onion, ground turkey and spices. Oh, and rice of course!
My favorite rice is Success® Rice. I always have a box of the Whole Grain Brown Rice on hand. Usually brown rice takes 45 minutes to cook, but not Success Rice. Success Rice is the ORIGINAL no measure, no mess boil-in-bag rice that cooks perfectly every time and is ready in 10 minutes.
It’s just about the easiest thing to make. Success Rice is pre-measured in a convenient colander-style Boil-in-Bag, and the Brown Rice can sit for up to 30 minutes in hot water with the heat off, before being served, making it foolproof (so can Success White Rice). Success Brown Rice has the same taste and similar nutritional benefits of long cooking brown rice, but cooks in ¼ the cooking time and it’s gluten-free! Success Whole Grain Brown Rice and Success White Rice are also availabe in larger family size 32 oz. bags.
I love having people over for dinner. I have the best memories of eating dinner with friends when I was growing up. But let’s be honest, sometimes entertaining can seem stressful. But there are ways to take shortcuts that won’t sacrifice quality. Whether that’s bagged, pre-washed spinach for your salad, pre-made sauces (many stores carry prepared tikka masala sauce or curry sauces) or Success Rice boil-in-bag rice, you’ll pull off a successful dinner with the help of convenient ingredients like this.
This Stuffed Pepper Casserole is a great meal to serve to your dinner guests, whether it’s friends, family, or both! It’s an easy casserole to whip up, feeds many people and will definitely satisfy! It’s perfect for holiday entertaining.
This is honestly one of my boys’ favorite dishes. When they ask what’s for dinner and I tell them Stuffed Pepper Casserole, they get so excited! I love that I can use Success Rice and make this an even easier dinner success (pun intended ;).
Stuffed Pepper CasserolePrint Pin Rate
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1-2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 bell peppers diced
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- 1 bag Success Whole Grain Brown Rice cooked
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 15-oz. can tomato sauce
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Spray a 1.5 quart casserole dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Pour olive oil into a saucepan over medium heat. Add in diced onion and cook until soft. Now add garlic and peppers. Cook until peppers are softened.
- Crumble turkey into pepper mixture. Brown and then drain.
- Add cooked rice and then salt, tomato sauce and spices. Stir in 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese. Pour into prepared dish. Top with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes, then uncover and bake for 10 more minutes, until bubbly. Serve up and enjoy!
Check out the Success Rice website and on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter. Giveaway time! To enter for a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card, leave a comment below answering this question: During the holidays, what’s your family’s favorite go-to rice dish? Sweepstakes Rules: No duplicate comments. You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SuccessRice” and “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the [email protected] email address. You will have 72 hours to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 11/17/14 – 12/26/14.
Be sure to visit the Success Rice brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!