You will love this Grilled Cobb Salad with Avocado Dressing! It’s the perfect salad for summer with marinated and grilled chicken, grilled romaine, cherry tomatoes, hard boiled eggs, avocado, blue cheese and bacon. Don’t forget the avocado dressing!
(Thanks to the California Avocado Commission for sponsoring this post!)
It wouldn’t be spring or summer without a large salad, like this Grilled Cobb Salad with Avocado Dressing!
Have you ever grilled lettuce before? It’s so delicious! Although, I’m a huge fan of burned edges, you know what I mean? 😉 I’m so excited to share this fun, delicious and colorful Grilled Cobb Salad recipe with you today!
I’m a bit of a chicken snob. If it’s not marinated and grilled, I don’t want it, lol! I’ve been really into plating things on boards, too. I think it looks so beautiful! Spreading the ingredients out and mixing up the colors is a lot of fun.
I invited one of my girlfriends over to help me put this together because she has a great eye for making pretty boards like this. This Grilled Cobb Salad with Avocado Dressing would be a perfect dish to serve guests or just a great lunch or dinner idea. Plus it’s gluten free!
Ingredients needed to make the best Cobb Salad EVER:
- Romaine lettuce! I love coating it in a little bit of olive oil and salt and pepper and then charring for a couple minutes on each side.
- Sliced grilled chicken for sure! I marinated my chicken in a yogurt and fresh lemon juice mixture. Yogurt is a great marinade item!
- Fresh hard boiled eggs, sliced.
- Colorful cherry tomatoes, sliced or quartered.
- Crumbled up blue cheese goes great with this Cobb Salad! You could also use feta cheese if blue cheese isn’t your thing.
- Bacon! Duh. You gotta have bacon on a Cobb Salad, am I right?!
- Last but not least, California Avocados!
- Not only do I love adding sliced avocados to the salad but I also used avocados in my avocado dressing. The cool avocado flavor really round out this dish.
Other California Avocado Recipes to try:
- Spicy Grilled Salmon with Avocado Salsa
- Spinach Salad with Avocado, Berries & Honey Vinaigrette
- Tuna Salad Stuffed Avocados
I read somewhere that the difference between a Cobb Salad and a chefs salad is that a Cobb Salad has California Avocados and tomatoes! Kind of crazy, right? One thing I know for sure is this Gluten Free Grilled Cobb Salad with Avocado Dressing is seriously so delicious and healthy. It’s the perfect meal on a nice spring or summer day!
Grilled Cobb Salad with Avocado Dressing
Yogurt Chicken Marinade:
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup fat free plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 large California Avocado
- 1/2 cup plain fat free yogurt
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 1/4 cup water
- cayenne pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp cumin
Cobb Salad Ingredients:
- 2 romaine lettuce heads halved
- 6 slices bacon crumbled
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbled
- 1 container cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 4 hard boiled eggs sliced
- 1 large California Avocado sliced
- Combine all the chicken marinade ingredients into a large resealable bag and refrigerate for three hours or longer.
- In a blender, combine the Avocado Dressing ingredients. Taste and season if needed. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- When ready to assemble salad, preheat outdoor grill (or indoor) to medium heat. Grill marinated chicken breasts until cooked through and no longer pink (165 degrees internally). Let rest for a few minutes and then cut into slices.
- Coat romaine halves with a little olive oil and salt and pepper. Place on grill and cook for about 2 minutes per side, or until lightly charred.
- On a large plate or platter, place sliced chicken, charred romaine lettuce, sliced cherry tomatoes, sliced hard boiled eggs, crumbled bacon pieces, sliced avocado and blue cheese. Serve with Avocado Dressing and enjoy!
You might like these salad recipes too:
Southwest Zucchini Noodle Mason Jar Salad
Spinach, Strawberry & Peach Salad with Homemade Poppyseed Dressing
Leave a Reply