Want a new, fun way to eat your vegetables? These Air Fryer Carrot Fries are it! Healthy, gluten free, easy and absolutely delicious.
Air Fryer Carrot Fries
If you didn’t know, I have four boys. FOUR.
Do they love to eat their vegetables? Not all of the time. However…if I air fry any vegetable, they love it!
These Air Fryer Carrot Fries are to die for. They taste like regular French fries and they don’t take long to make!
(Check out my other air fryer vegetable recipes – Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries, Air Fryer Zucchini Chips, or my Air Fryer French Fries!) Don’t forget to check out my other Air Fryer Recipes!
How do you get Carrot Fries Crispy?
Okay, I’ll be honest with you. Sometimes making any Air Fryer Fries aren’t going to be the crispiest of all fries.
Why? Because they’re air fried and not deep fried. That being said…you can still get a really yummy crispy fry using an air fryer.
Tips for Crispy Carrot Fries:
- Don’t use too much olive oil when you coat your fries.
- Try as best as you can to spread the fries out so they have ample room to cook evenly.
- Make sure to season as you go to get that crispy exterior.
- Eat them right away! The longer they sit and get cold, the less crispy they get.
Not all air fryers heat the same. While this recipe has been tested time and time again in our air fryer, (Cosori brand) you may find different results in your own.
If you haven’t made carrot fries in your air fryer before, it’s a good idea to start with less time per side.
Start with 5 minutes and work your way up when making these for the first time. It’s better to undercook first and be able to cook more than overcooking them right away!
Best Dishes to serve Air Fryer Carrot Fries with:
Air Fryer Carrot Fries
- 1 Air Fryer
- 4 large carrots, peeled
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne powder
- 1 tsp. paprika powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
Greek yogurt Dipping Sauce
- 1/4 cup Low-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp. Ranch Dressing, Dry
- 1 tsp milk
- Preheat the Air Fryer for 5 minutes at 450º.
- Peel and slice up the carrots to about 1/4-1/2 inch thickness and about 4-6 inches in length
- Mix up the chili powder, garlic powder, cayenne, paprika, salt, parsley and pepper.
- Toss the carrots in the spice mix. Air fry at 350º for 10 minutes. (Make sure not to crowd the air fryer pan.)
- Toss and then cook for 8 more minutes. Turn the heat up to 400º to crisp up for 5 minutes.
- Serve with Greek yogurt dipping sauce if desired and enjoy!
i like to eat fries, I made air fryer carrot fries according to your recipe, it took only a short time to make and it tasted great, my daughter loved it, thanks for sharing!
Ryan Allen says
These were so yummy and easy to make in the air fryer. I paired them with some BBQ chicken and it was delish.