These Best Ever Air Fryer French Fries are so quick and easy to make – you will be so shocked they’re not from your favorite restaurant!
PLUS – check out the COSORI AIR FRYER GIVEAWAY below! Submit your info to win one of two air fryers!
Best Ever Air Fryer French Fries
Do you have an Air Fryer yet?
If you don’t – sign up below to win one of TWO Cosori Air Fryers! This is the one I own and I use it allllll the time. I’ve made Air Fryer Spicy Shrimp, Coconut Shrimp, Southwest Avocado Egg Rolls, Chicken Wings, and even Apple Pie Egg Rolls right in the Air Fryer.
How do you make french fries from scratch in an air fryer?
Are fries healthier in an air fryer?
Um, YES! Air Fryer french fries are way healthier than fries made using conventional deep frying in oil. The Air Fryer uses continuous circulation of hot air to fry the food. … Therefore, it is possible to cut down extra calories from excess fat that comes from deep frying in oil. Save those calories!
Although – I do serve these Air Fryer French Fries with fry sauce…soooo… 😉
Should I soak potatoes before frying?
Before frying potatoes, rinse them in cold water to remove starch, which can cause the potatoes to stick together during the frying process. For crispier potatoes, soak the potatoes in salt water for several minutes before cooking.
What spices go well with Air Fryer French Fries?
These potatoes (aka French fries) are such an amazing vessel for so many different spice combinations. This Air Fryer French Fries recipe have few spices that it gets tossed in that you probably already have in your spice cabinet but it’s so easy to switch up and change to your liking.
I personally LOVE Lawry’s seasoning so I use that a lot!
What is the best Air Fryer?
I LOVE my Cosori Air Fryer and I’ve talked about it a lot. I love that it’s a large XL 5.8 Quart, 1700-Watt Air Fryer Toaster Oven with a touchscreen that has a preheat option as well as having customizable TEN Presets & a shake reminder (LOVE that!)
If you want to buy your own – here’s the link to it. I swear it is the BEST. I love mine so much!
Cosori Air Fryer
Now, just to get you excited, let’s get to the giveaway, shall we?
Here’s a little more info on the best air fryer that made these Air Fryer Shrimp Recipes!
A few details:
- Designed in California, this air fryer’s one-touch preset icons make air frying easier than ever. The digital LED display and touch panel are angled toward you so you never have to bend down to operate your air fryer. LIFE CHANGING. 🙌🏻
- Customizable Presets and Shake Reminder: Pre-select and save your own time, temperature, and shake reminders for consistently perfect results.
- 85% Less Fat: The air fryer makes food with 85% less fat than traditional deep-frying while maintaining the same delicious fried flavor. This is a FACT.
- 10 One-Touch Presets: Choose from Steak, Chicken, Seafood, Bacon, Vegetables, Toast, Frozen Foods, Bake, French Fries, and Shrimp. Just touch a preset to start cooking.
- Cook Faster: The air fryer’s high-speed air circulation cooks food faster and with crispier and tastier results than a traditional convection oven.
- Non-Stick Square Basket: The baskets are removable, nonstick, dishwasher safe, PFOA-free and BPA-free. I’m an idiot with products but this is SO EASY to take the basket out and it’s a breeze to clean!
I love this Cosori Air Fryer so much and recommend to anyone and everyone I know!
(FYI- Product Dimensions: 11.8 x 13.8 x 12.6 in; Basket Dimensions: 9 x 9 x 3.75 in.)
Isn’t this a gorgeous Air Fryer? I make so many great recipes in this beauty! These Air Fryer French Fries are SO amazing!!! My family loved them and I’ve made them so many times.
You can adjust the seasonings so it’s the perfect amount for you and your family.
Now — the great part.
I’m giving away TWO of these Cosori Air Fryer’s to two lucky readers! (United States applicants only)
Just fill put the required info below to qualify for your chance win one! I am so excited about this and can’t wait for you all to use this amazing Cosori Air Fryer! See below for the ways you can enter and GOOD LUCK!!
- Air Fryer
2-3 large russet potatoes (peeled and sliced)
- 2-3 Tbsp. avocado oil or other high smoke-point oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp seasoning such as Lawry's
- First, peel the potatoes and rinse them. Cut into thin thin strips.Now soak them in a bowl of cold water along with a few tablespoons of table salt for 10-15 minutes. This will allow for crispier fries.
- Rinse and pat the potato slices dry.Then rinse them with cold water making sure to really rub the starch off. Then pat them dry as best as you can.
- Spray with canola oil and season with what you like - salt, pepper, Lawry's, whatever you like.￼Arrange the seasoned fries and cook at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, making sure to toss them every 5 minutes, checking to make sure they're how you like them. Enjoy!!
Rhonda Countryman says
Seems like fries is the easiest first food to cook in an air fryer.
Charlotte Moore says
I would love to try french fries and chicken tenders. Thanks for the chance to win.
Leslie Stevenson says
If I had an air fryer I would like to take a stab at homemade chicken nuggets.
Brenda Haines says
First I would make some brussel sprouts. Thanks for the chance.
Jeremy McLaughlin says
Would make chicken wings.
Adele Forsberg says
Hmm I would make chicken strips and fries:)
Kelly D says
I would make onion rings with the air fryer.
Sara Zielinski says
I would make french fried shrimp, chicken fingers or nuggets, even chicken wings, and of course french fries.
Sweet potato fries.
I’d make hot wings with this air fryer.
I’d make these french fries!
I love this recipe, I made sure I read in its entirety lol. I can’t wait to try it out.
Teresa Demos says
I’d be willing to try anything, and explore new ideas with this air fryer.
Sandi Normand says
I love all your recipes, especially the air fryer ones. They are easy to use and great tasting
Reichel Wellswim says
I did frozen French fries in my Actifry and they were great. When you use frozen fries no oil is required. I will do this again.
Thank you for your great recipes and tips
Wow! These french fries look amazing! I cannot wait to make this. I am going to try it this weekend!
GREAT recipe! Thanks for sharing! I just pinned it!!
Claribet Paz Alfaro says
Wow!! thanks for sharing!!