(This post was originally published on November 19, 2012 and republished for content.)
Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots Recipe
I’ve been making these Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots for years. My boys love them! They also love my Easy Glazed Carrots, too!
These glazed carrots are so easy to make and are an easy side dish that looks and tastes fancy. Like something you would get at a restaurant.
How to make Glazed Carrots
The good thing about boiling these Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots is it doesn’t take that long and it doesn’t have to be babysat. You only really need to stir it a couple of times. It just boils while you get to do other things!
Actually cooked carrots ARE more nutritious, but you still get plenty of nutrients from raw carrots.
Cooking does reduce the vitamin content a bit, however the beta carotene in carrots are higher when they are cooked.
What dishes go well with Glazed Carrots?
I love serving this Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots Recipe with this Pesto Stuffed Chicken Recipe or alongside My Best Ever Pulled Pork Sandwich Recipe! These Glazed Carrots also go wonderfully with this Best Ever Meatloaf Recipe.
I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does!
Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots
- Saute pan
- Measuring spoons
- Wooden spoon
- 1 1/2 lbs. carrots peeled and sliced up whole carrots OR baby carrots
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 1/4 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pan, place carrots, butter, sugar, and rosemary.
- Add 1 1/4 cup water and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook until carrots are tender, 10 to 12 minutes. (If water evaporates before carrots are tender, add 1/4 cup more).
- Continue to cook until liquid is reduced to a glaze, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Serve with your favorite meal. ENJOY!!