If you love French fries but want a fry that’s a little different, try these Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries! They’re light, healthy and full of vitamins with a hint of sweet and salty. Such a great combination.
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
Who doesn’t love French fries?! I recently shared my Air Fryer French Fry Recipe and it was a HIT with my family. So I decided to try my hand at Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries. (Don’t forget to check out my other Air Fryer Recipes!)
I bought several sweet potatoes for a side dish I was planning on making last week, but I never used all of them. So I thought why not throw them in the Air Fryer and see how they turn out? 🤤 Let’s just say, I had to make multiple batches because my husband ate the entire first batch, lol!
How to get Sweet Potato Fries Crispy
Okay, I’ll be honest with you. Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries aren’t going to be the crispiest of all fries. Why? Because they’re air fried and not deep fried. That being said…you can still get a really yummy crispy fry using an air fryer.
Tips for crispy sweet potato fries:
- Don’t use too much olive oil when you coat your fries.
- Try as best as you can to spread the fries out so they have ample room to cook evenly.
- Make sure to season as you go to get that crispy exterior.
- Eat them right away! The longer they sit and get cold, the less crispy they get.
Not all air fryers heat the same. While this recipe has been tested time and time again in our air fryer, (Cosori brand) you may find different results in your own. If you haven’t made sweet potato fries in your air fryer before, it’s a good idea to start with less time per side.
Start with 5 minutes and work your way up when making these for the first time. It’s better to undercook first and be able to cook more than overcooking them right away!
Best Dishes to serve Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries with:
Made them? Let us know how it went in the comment section below!
For even more great ideas follow me on:
Facebook – Pinterest – Instagram – Twitter
Check out these yummy dishes that go great with Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries:
- Bourbon Molasses Ribs from The Food in My Beard
- Zucchini Pizza Bites from Eating Bird Food
- Loaded Italian Sausages from Iowa Girl Eats
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Air Fryer
- 2 sweet potatoes
- olive oil to taste
- Lawry's Seasoned Salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- ketchup to taste
- mayonnaise to taste
- Cut the sweet potatoes into thin strips.
- Toss the sweet potatoes with a little bit of olive oil, seasoned salt, black pepper and garlic powder.
- Preheat air fryer to 370º for 4 minutes.
- After it's preheated, take the basket out and place the fries inside, trying to make sure they aren't overcrowded. Turn the air fryer on for 10 minutes at 370º.
- After the 10 minutes is up, take the basket out and turn the fries over. Air fry for another 10 minutes (start at 5 minutes and if they're not cooked to your liking, add more time).
- When fries are cooked toyour liking, season to taste. I like to add more Lawry's to mine. Serve with any sauce you like and enjoy!
Leave a Reply