This Chocolate Chip Avocado Bread Recipe has NO oil or butter, thanks to the addition of avocado! Plus it makes this banana bread so soft and I promise you can’t taste the avocado at all! A must-make recipe!
Looking for a healthier quick bread? Try this Chocolate Chip Banana Avocado Bread! It’s filled with so much flavor and is so soft from the addition of avocados. Plus it has ZERO oil or butter added in!
I am obsessed with avocados. I love replacing ingredients with avocado. I have tons of recipes on this website that include avocados where you would never expect to see avocados. Like my Chocolate Avocado Muffins, Chocolate Truffles, or Avocado Lime Parfait. There are tons of ways you can utilize avocados.
I also love me a good banana bread. Especially when it’s filled with chocolate chips! Adding in a little avocado really adds moisture to this Chocolate Chip Banana Avocado Bread. Plus it means you don’t need to add in any extra oil or butter. Avocados take the place of any fats, which is seriously amazing!
I actually made a loaf of this avocado bread and then told my boys I made (regular) banana bread and I wanted them to come try it. I cut them each a slice and they ALL loved it. They had NO idea there was avocado in it! The avocado does add a tiny green color to the bread but not too much.
If I play my cards right, this Chocolate Chip Banana Avocado Bread is going to get me through the rest of the football season. 🙂 Gotta admit, I’m sooooooo done with all the practices, the games and all the driving around!
My husband is on his second year of being the president of our Pop Warner football association and let’s just say I’m ready to have my husband back! He has meetings several times a month and spends hours on the football fields most Saturdays.
He’s also helping coach my two little boys’ football team so he attends all the practices for that, too. I’m counting down the days until it’s all over. ??
Good news? We’re heading into playoffs next week and have only lost one game – so that’s pretty awesome! Wish us luck! I’ll be making a batch of this Chocolate Chip Banana Avocado Bread every week to get me through it all, lol! I hope you give it a try soon!
Chocolate Chip Banana Avocado Bread
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 3 ripe bananas mashed
- 1 ripe avocado mashed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips I like Enjoy Life brand
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray a 9x5 inch loaf pan with cooking spray, set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- Mash banana and avocado with the back of a fork until thoroughly mixed and pureed.
- Add sugar, milk, vanilla and eggs into banana/avocado mixture. Whisk until blended.
- Gradually add in flour mixture to banana/avocado mixture, stirring until mixture is smooth. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the middle.
- Cool in pan until warm and then remove from pan and cool on a wire rack. Slice and serve and enjoy!
If you liked this Banana Bread recipe, you might like these too:
(Secret Ingredient) Healthy Banana Bread
Banana Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins
For even more great ideas follow me on:
Absolutely delicious. Note: I baked the cake in the air fryer oven at 325degrees for 25min. using half the recipe.