Tortellini is tossed in a creamy avocado pasta sauce for a crazy delicious and easy dinner any night of the week!
Tortellini with Creamy Avocado Pasta Sauce
How about some tortellini covered in a creamy avocado pasta sauce?! Who doesn’t love a good pasta dinner? My kids will devour any and all pastas. They ask me to make at least one pasta dish per week.
One of our favorite kinds of pasta is cheese filled tortellini. I love making different sauces to toss pasta in so thought why not make a creamy avocado pasta sauce to toss some tortellini into?
Side note: if you like pasta recipes, be sure to check out these pasta recipes too:
What can I do with extra ripe avocados?
Make an avocado pasta sauce!
I have to admit that I was a bit nervous to make a pasta sauce using avocados. I mean, that’s not the first thing you think of when you think of avocados!
But oh my goodness. I can’t even describe how amazing this cream sauce turned out. It is so full of creamy, tangy, smooth, flavor. It’s so flavorful and incredible! I can’t wait to make it again and again.
Seriously, just look at that gorgeous creamy green color. What’s not to love?! We happen to love tortellini but this sauce works great with any pasta.
Serve with some extra parmesan cheese sprinkled on top and a little ground pepper and you have a fantastic dinner, any night of the week!
Can you warm avocados?
Absolutely! If you’ve never grilled an avocado before, you’re surely missing out. Another great way to cook avocados is making this avocado pasta sauce. It is absolutely delicious and because you’re adding in the lime juice, the sauce won’t brown.
In addition to the health benefits from the avocado, you’re also adding in spinach to this dish. I love being a sneaky mom and adding in veggies where I can. SO sneaky, right?! I hope you’ll give this pasta dish a try for dinner tonight. Enjoy!
What is the benefits of avocado?
Avocados are a great source of vitamins C, E, K, and B-6, as well as riboflavin, niacin, folate, pantothenic acid, magnesium, and potassium. They also provide lutein, beta-carotene, and omega-3 fatty acids. Although most of the calories in an avocado come from fat, don’t shy away!
If you get on an avocado roll, feel free to check out these delicious avocado recipes:
- Spicy Grilled Salmon with Avocado Salsa
- Air Fryer Avocado Southwest Egg Rolls
- Avocado Soup with Crab Topping
Creamy Avocado Tortellini Recipe
- 2 large avocados
- 1 cup packed baby spinach leaves
- 1 1/4 cup fat-free evaporated milk plus more if needed by tablespoon
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne or more to taste
- 1 20-oz bag refrigerated tortellini, any kind
- shaved parmesan for serving
- cracked black pepper for serving
- In a blender or food processor, puree avocados, spinach, evaporated milk, lime juice and garlic until completely blended.
- Pour mixture into saucepan and heat on medium-low. Add in salt, pepper, and cayenne. Taste and add seasonings to taste.
- Meanwhile, heat salted water in a large pot and cook tortellini per package directions. Drain water from pasta.
- When avocado mixture is warm and heated through, toss with drained pasta and serve with cracked black pepper and shaved parmesan. Enjoy!
Hi Jen, a great recipe! Looks so delicious, can’t way to try it! I’m making it today 🙂
YAY!! I hope you like it!!
shemo angel says
thanks for amazing recipe its great
Making Pancakes says
Loved this recipe. The whole family loved this recipe. I didn’t have evaporated milk so I used 4 oz of cream cheese and a bit of water to thin it. Creamy and the citrus are so refreshing (I used both lemon and lime). You just gotta try this. I can even see this over broccoli or asparagus. Perfecto.